1. Overall, how would you describe your Shared Ownership experience?
Marital status: Single
Employment: Primary school teacher
Development name: Kilnwood
Percentage owned: 35%
It's been really, really good and I'm extremely pleased. Although I was in a position to buy, I would not have been able to get the size of property I wanted.
2. Describe the property you live in
It's a two bedroomed, mid-terraced house with a nice little garden and one allocated parking space. The size is brilliant.
3. Who do you live with?
I live on my own.
4. Is this your first house?
I had a house previously but I owned it with my partner at the time so this was my first time buying on my own.
5. Where were you living prior to this?
In Crawley, in a three-bedroomed house but I was living with my partner at the time so we could pool our resources.
6. How did you hear about Shared Ownership?
By searching online.
7. Why did you think Shared Ownership was right for you?
I don't like flats and don't want to move around. Through Shared Ownership, I have been able to get more than I would have otherwise. I also have the option to own the property eventually.
8. What does it mean to you to own your own home?
It gives me more stability. I don't like renting because I always worry that I may be given one or two months' notice to leave.
9. What are the advantages of buying property in this way?
I can get a much larger property that I would have been able to otherwise.
10. What are the financial advantages of Shared Ownership?
Despite having a small deposit, I was still able to get a decent sized house.
11. Is home ownership important in the current market? If so, why?
Yes, I think it's important in this country. Everyone is looking to get on the property ladder and this gives you a way to do that.
Property prices are going up and wages are not going up with them. I am a teacher and when I've been working long hours in term time, I want to come home to somewhere nice.
12. How did Southern Home Ownership help you throughout the process?
They were very approachable and answered even the silliest of questions. It was a personal service and I felt like I was a priority.
13. Would you recommend Shared Ownership to other people? If so, why?
Yes, without a doubt because I know quite a few people who are unable to get their own places because they have a low income.
14. What's the single best thing about Shared Ownership?
I am able to live in my own home on my own whereas I wouldn't have been able to otherwise.